1. She said she liked dancing but was not in the for it just then when it was so noisy in the hall.
A. manner B. intention C. mood D. desire
2. It is generally believed that gardening is it is a science.
A. an art much as B. much an art as
C. as an art much as D. as much an art as
3. You’re the manager’s relative, but that doesn’t you to a free meal in our restaurant.
A. qualify B. entitle C. adapt D. allow
4. We had enough Russian to be able to read the instructions.
A. set up B. picked up C. taken up D. made up
5. Why! I have nothing to confess. you want me to say?
A. What is it that B. What it is that
C. How is it that D. How it is that
6. His salary as a bus driver is much higher than.
A. that of a teacher B. those of a teacher
C. these of a teacher D. this of a teacher
【精析】Cmanner:行为；intention:意图；mood:心情；desire:渴望。be in the mood:有心情，为固定搭配。
【精析】Bentitle sb. to sth.：让某人有资格做某事；qualify:使合格，使有资格，常用于结构qualify sb. for sth.；adapt:使适应，改编；allow:允许。
【精析】Bset up：建立；pick up:偶然学到，获得；take up:占据；make up:组成。
【精析】A“It is … that …”结构为陈述句强调句型，特殊疑问句的强调句型应用“特殊疑问词+is/was+it+that+句子其他部分”，此处应强调疑问词what，故选A。