1.The arrival of the charity trucks ( ) a minor unrest as villagers struggled for a share of the aid.
A. set down
B. set up
C. set off
D. set aside
2.Hiking together with people can be fun and good for health. It may also be good for（）building.
3. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in（）.
4. The leaders have decided to raise another discussion（）fighting the global warmth.
5. Iraq has（）too many wars since 1990, making his people suffer a lot.
A. seen through
B. looked through
C. gone through
D. passed through
6.It's never ( )late to be the person you want to be.
7.Have you（）broken your phone by dropping it in a toilet, slipping it through your fingers or leaving it in the oven?
A. on purpose
B. by accident
C. for fun
D. with pleasure
8.They did hear from each other!（）, their last meet was already more than 22 years ago.
A. Believe it or not
B. That is to say
C. On the one hand
D. What makes it
9. Today the lovely students held a unique birthday party for me, which will（）as an unforgettable day in my life.
A. set out
B. stand out
C. give out
D. keep out
10. Each week he writes an article about someone（）chosen out of the phone book.
11. The restaurant outside our school is well accepted for its wide ( ) of foods that suit all tastes and pockets.
12.We are looking forward to the successful land of Shenzhou IX as ( ) after it circles in space for 13 days.
13. Some doctors（）food safety as a serious problem and told people to be careful in daily diet.
14. Many people can（）anything but being done wrong, which may cause much trouble.
A. come up with
B. turn up to
C. end up in
D. put up with
15. It is widely known that sandstorms will become more（）as a consequence of global warming.
16. The company is going to hand ( ) the free samples tomorrow.
17. She said that she would rather not ( ) it right now.
B. to discuss
18. ( )their luggage, the tourists hurried to the airport.
B. After packed
C. Having packed
19. In ( ) film Cast Away, Tom Hanks plays ( ) man named Chuck Noland.
A. a; the
B. the; a
C. the; the
D. a; a
20. I won’t go to the party ( ) you come too.
21. Who can it be? I'm quite ( ) a loss to guess.
22. Since he left the university, he ( )in an accounting company.
A.has been working
C.had been working
23. There was a ( ) talk between the two teams last week.
24. By no means ( ) our mistakes.
A.we ought ignore
B.we ought to ignore
C.ought we ignore
D.ought we to ignore
25. ( ) parents say and do has a life-long effect on their children.