She was in a hurry that morning. Otherwise she would have stopped to talk with you.
You'd better take more exercise， otherwise you'll get fat.
10. either …or(或者……或者)
You can come either today or tomorrow. You may either stay here or go with me.
11. neither， nor， neither…nor
I don't know the answer， neither/nor does she. (否定句+neither/nor+倒装句)
She couldn't speak German， neither/nor could anyone else in the class.
I don't want to do it， nor do I want you to do it.
She could neither speak English nor write it. We work neither for fame nor for personal gains.
We neither know nor care what has happened.
12. both…and (两者都)
She's looking for opportunities both here and abroad. (opportunity 机会)
The prospects both excited and worried me.
13. not only … but also(不但……而且)
not only … but also连接的句子成分一定要一致
The boy not only lost the money but also came close to losing his life.
He is like his mother not only in appearance but also in character.(not only+介词+名词，but also+介词+名词)
14. as well as(也怎么样) We have read one of his novels as well as a few of his plays.
The kind man gave me some advice as well as some money.
She has failed many times， nevertheless she is confident she will succeed in the end.
16. therefore(因此) You're in the right， therefore we should support you.
17. hence(因此) The word is an uncountable noun and is used in a general sense， hence(therefore) it takes no article.